All of our equipment is shipped directly from the manufacturer. Any order submitted Monday – Friday before 5pm EST will be processed that day. Orders outside of those times will be processed the following business day.
Shipping times will vary depending on the product and its location relative to where it will be delivered. Products are shipped via freight and shipping times within the contiguous U.S. are one to five days. Rural deliveries and limited access deliveries may take longer.
The delivery company will call ahead to schedule an appointment for delivery. It is your responsibility to work with the delivery center to schedule an appointment within the expected date of delivery. A re-delivery fee will be assessed if you miss your appointment. If you are unavailable to take delivery on your products within two days after the shipment arrives at the service center, the carrier will assess charges per day for storage fees. If you would like to change the address your shipment is delivered to, after your order has shipped, the carrier will bill you a re-consignment fee. AC America must authorize any changes to the final delivery address.
The carrier is only responsible for delivering freight to the end of the truck at the end of your driveway. The carrier will not move freight up the driveway or inside a home, garage or backyard.
- The carrier will deliver your products to the end of your driveway. Please be prepared to move the products from the bed of the truck to the ground.
- You, or a person at your shipping address, will be asked to sign a delivery receipt.
The delivery receipt is a legal, binding document. Ownership of the products transfers from the freight carrier to you when either you or a person at your shipping address signs the receipt. A signed receipt with no comments indicates that you are receiving all the pallets and cartons listed and that there is no damage to the packaging or products
YOU ARE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR SHORTAGES NOT NOTED ON THE DELIVERY RECEIPT.
Accepting Your Shipment:
- Before accepting your shipment, inspect the item(s) carefully for any shipping damage and they match the quantity and models ordered. Missing items must be reported within 48 Hours of receipt. We cannot be responsible for missing items unless you report them within 48 Hours.
- Release the bottom of the carton and lift it carefully to visually inspect before accepting. It is possible that small dents or dings to the housings can occur in transit. These are normal handling abrasions, Minor flaws that are cosmetic and DO NOT affect the integrity, operation or warranty of the system.
- Please note the flaws on the trucking bill and accept the shipment. In the event that major damage is found, NOTE the damage on the trucking bill, along with the drivers’ signature and call us immediately.
If you (OR SOMEONE ELSE ON YOUR BEHALF) accepts the delivery with NO DAMAGE NOTED, OR DO NOT INSPECT ALL THE EQUIPMENT, AND DAMAGE IS FOUND LATER YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE A CLAIM. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU – WE WILL NOT SHIP YOU A REPLACEMENT – AND WE WILL NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THE SHIPPING COMPANY. ONCE YOU SIGN, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR SHORTAGES.
Consignee Inspection Checklist
Inspect the shipment as follows:
- Tell the driver you will need 5 minutes to inspect the package. (Do not let them rush you)
- Inspect the package thoroughly, back to front, top to bottom, side to side, opening the packaging as needed
- If there are ANY signs of damage or shortage (even minor scratches, holes, or dents):
- Write a specific and thorough description of the damage and/or shortage on the proof of delivery (POD)
- Note on the POD if the Shrink Wrap IS or IS NOT INTACT
- Take pictures immediately
- Report it to the shipper immediately. Concealed Damage must be reported to the carrier within 48 Hours of delivery.
Concealed Damage: This is any damage found after accepting the shipment. In some cases, the equipment may be damaged in transit and the boxes may still look ok. It is best to remove all shipping boxes when receiving the shipment. If the driver does not allow this and damage is suspected, refuse the shipment and a replacement will be sent out. Once the shipment is accepted, unwrap and unbox all items to check for damage. You have 48 hours after the shipment is accepted to report concealed damage.